[alt-photo] Re: DREADED PIZZA WHEELS

Marek Matusz marekmatusz at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 13 01:21:51 GMT 2010

Bob,
something has changes in your workflow (new batch of transparency, new ink?). Pizza wheels tracks are a result of the ink not being absorbed by the transparency or not being dry. I had the impression that either back or front feed bypasses pizza wheels, but the sheet must be taped to a sturdy support. OK now I checked with the manual that it is THE FRONT FEED. And it can not print to the end of paper. YOu need to alter the size of your negative. Check the manual on that. On the other hand Pictorico OHP definitely does not produce pizza wheel marks. ANd keep reusing your sheets for testing. Even if you get pizza marks on blank transparency they should be covered with ink when using front feed (did your transparency material become too soft?). Anyways I feel sorry about your frustration.
Try front feed with a piece of paper taped to a sturdy sheet and then go with transparency.
Marek,