[alt-photo] Re: I know, another sizing question

Loris Medici mail at loris.medici.name
Fri Sep 10 10:14:08 GMT 2010

If I'm not mistaking, Elmer's glue was used in place of gum or
something - that means it isn't waterproof; something good for a gum
replacement, but not good for being able to used as a sizing... As I
said before, you should look for something that is PVAc based, clear
(when dried as a film) and waterproof. See hardware / paint stores, I
buy mine from a paint store, dilute it 1+4 and use - paper's ready
when dry, and the sizing is very robust; I had a student put 9 layers
w/o any staining...

Regards,
Loris.