[alt-photo] Egg-tempera as primer for impermeable surfaces

Loris Medici mail at loris.medici.name
Thu Sep 30 08:18:19 GMT 2010

In any case, you've just led me to re-consider egg-tempera for quite a
different purpose:

I have 20-30 sheets of thin (0.2mm / ca. 8mils) aluminum sheets that I want
to put tricolor gum images on top of them. (They're were waiting my
attention for more than 3-4 years...) Maybe I can put a couple of dichromate
hardened egg-tempera layers colored (white) with titanium dioxide + marble
dust mixture as a primer! (Matte and absorbent surface - of egg-tempera
paintings - hints me high chances of success...) Wow! It would be great if
that works; the other methods I've tried didn't gave me the results I want
(not necessarily because they're bad methods - could be due to my own
incompetence!), or were too cumbersome / messy for my liking.

Keith (if you're reading), I have to ask you (as the master of printing on
unconventional surfaces): Have you tried this before? Your criticism can
save me time / frustation... (TIA!)

Thanks for bringing this up Rafael,
Loris.