[alt-photo] Re: Casein source

Alan MacKellar amackellar at qx.net
Thu Apr 14 20:51:37 GMT 2011

 Christina,
I just received a liter of the Schmincke Cesein Liquid provided by Kremer
which as I think you said many messages ago, does not give me any ideas
about how much of it to mix with the pigment, and then the ammonium
dichromate.  You have given me a lot of information, and probably the answer
below, but how many ml of this Casein would you combine with say a tube of
watercolor pigment, to be later combined with the light sensitizer at the
point of brushing?

I am slow minded and had trouble following you experts on the proper
proportions.  And where did the student in your class get his/her tri-color
savings in time?  In drying of the emulsion time, use of a cool hair dryer,
exposure under UV, in development time in water?  I am a student with Ruth
this semester, and our final project is due in 2 weeks, so should I stick
with the slower gum arabic method?

Sorry to bother you at an equally busy time for you, but any method that
produces the same quality quicker is welcome.
Love to all,
Alan