[alt-photo] Re: Cliche Verre exhibit in San Francisco

Suzanne Izzo bi3 at georgetown.edu
Fri Apr 15 19:38:54 GMT 2011

I wrote a couple weeks ago about a cliche verre exhibit in San Francisco
that included some of my work.  My daughter and I attended the opening.
  The exhibit is in a very nice gallery right on Sutter Street in
downtown San Francisco.

I was very happy to meet Jack Fulton (a long-time member of the list)
who came with a number of his students.  Three other participating
artists were there: Courtney Johnson (the curator), Fred Parker (from
nearby Sonoma), and Frank Rossi (all the way from Germany).  I would
have liked to have met Francis Schanberger's friend, Fredrik Marsh, as
the descriptive titles he gave his work were quite intriguing.

Several of you asked about seeing some of the work.  I don't have a web
page, but the gallery site now has pictures of the exhibition as well as
pictures of all the individual works.  In the installation pictures, my
pictures are the six small ones hung together on one wall.
The address for the exhibition pictures is:
http://www.jenkinsjohnsongallery.com/exhibitions/11cliche_verre/11clicheverre_main.html

(Sorry--I hoped this would copy as clickable, but apparently not.)

While in the Bay Area, I managed to visit 4 art museums.  The only
photography shows were at the SFMOMA: "Helios: Eadweard Muybridge in a
Time of Change" which included a small room with photographs by some of
his contemporaries and "Exposed: Voyeurism, Surveillance, and the Camera
Since 1870".

Suzanne Izzo