[alt-photo] Re: I love New York in June!

francis schanberger frangst at gmail.com
Fri Apr 29 15:09:41 GMT 2011

Trevor,

I would stop by Aperture gallery in Soho and ask them for exhibitions that
may be up or opening around the time you are in the city. Also, pick
up Photograph
Magazine <http://www.photographmag.com/exhibitions> (which used to be New
York Photography Guide). I think it costs 4-5 dollars but has maps and
contact information for most of the galleries and museums showing
photography.

When I visited NYC last month I just happen to catch two exhibitions that
employed liquid photo emulsion (silver gelatin) on handmade paper. Jungjin
Lee's "Wind" exhibition at Aperture and Jean
Paglius<http://www.marlboroughgallery.com/galleries/graphics/artists/jean-pagliuso/graphics>o
was showing her Poultry and Raptor Suites of enlarged photo emulsion prints
on Kaji and Thai Mulberry papers at the Marlborough gallery.

It was just by chance. Good luck.

-francis

--
francis schanberger