[alt-photo] Re: Ultrastable - 4 color carbon videos of Tod Ganble andmore.r

Daniel Williams dtwilliams3 at comcast.net
Thu Aug 4 18:01:24 GMT 2011

On 8/4/2011 9:58 AM, Paul Viapiano wrote:
> Interesting that he doesn't let them bond a long time after mating.
> The transfer seems to happen in a few minutes and is very easy to pull
> off the tissue support. I always thought that they had to mate for at
> least 15 min, at least that's what I did following Vaughn and Jim's
> recommendations...
>
> Paul
Paul,

The material used for the support makes a difference.  When I mate to
fixed-out photo papers or sized art papers I let them bond 20 to 40
minutes.  When I bond to Yupo, I only need about 10 minutes.  In the
videos he is using some sort of plastic support.  I suspect that this
permits the brief bonding time.

Dan Williams