[alt-photo] Re: Gum over platinum article?

Diana Bloomfield dhbloomfield at bellsouth.net
Wed Aug 10 11:47:02 GMT 2011

I think that's correct, Paul.  There is something called 'Fair Use' in copyright-- especially if something is out-of-print.  Obviously, View Camera has no more in stock and won't be printing any additional.  And, like a book, I suspect copyright for a magazine article always stays with the author.  You could always try to reach him, but-- honestly-- unless the author stands to lose money by someone distributing a few copies (and that someone doesn't plan on making any money by distributing the article -- an article that, seemingly, holds no big secrets)-- it could easily be sent out under Fair Use/educational purposes.  Seems like serious overkill to be worried about sending out a few copies to a few interested readers.  I think I have a copy of it here myself.  If I could easily locate it, I'd send it on.

Diana