[alt-photo] Re: Gum over platinum article?

Keith Gerling keith.gerling at gmail.com
Wed Aug 10 14:23:10 GMT 2011

All this pearl-clutching over intellectual property is really rather
pointless since Stuart received a one time fee for this article (and a
rather small one), and View Camera has already given the OK to distribute.

Denny, the magazine will be in the mail this afternoon.  If you are a
newcomer to alt-process, I would advise you to hunt down Judy Seigel's "Post
Factory Journal" or Christina Z. Anderson's "Alternative Processes
Condensed" for what I would consider an easier and more success-prone
approach.  I seem to recall that Stuart Melvin lived in Santa Fe, so perhaps
his concern with humidity and temperature is as a result of that, but his
technique is entirely too fussy for me!  However, the resulting work
displayed here is really quite lovely to view.

Keith