[alt-photo] Re: pigments for gum

Marek Matusz marekmatusz at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 14 04:22:02 GMT 2011

 DianaIt was just a while ago that you mentioned this pallete of the three off-beat pigments: PO49 (quinacridone gpld) for yellow, prussian blue and Deep scarlet (Pr175) for red (not sure if it is what you had for red), all from Daniel SMith. Deep scarlet was a discovery of late Katherine Thayer for me. I was digging in my box of pigments and found that I used them all before, lucky for me there was just a bit left of PO 49, which I don't know if it is still available from Daniel Smith. They said that is was being discontinued a while back.I was working on this print of my grandson, his has very pale skin and I was looking for a muted pallete. It just snapped like a charm and thanks for reminding me of this particular pigment combination.These pigments  gave this most amazing and glowing skin tones.I size with PVA now, no issues with staining.Marek