[alt-photo] Re: pigments for gum

Diana Bloomfield dhbloomfield at bellsouth.net
Wed Dec 14 05:50:47 GMT 2011

Hey Marek,

That's right-- I think it was either Katharine or Keith (or both?) who
might have suggested quinacridone gold for yellow, and I tried that
and love it.  I've tried other pigments for yellow, but nothing beats
that one, for me anyway.  And, yes, deep scarlet-- I'm pretty sure I
got that from Katharine, too, but I do use that consistently -- and,
yes, perfect for certain skin tones.  I've also used DS quinacridone
scarlet which works pretty well, too.  And someone here mentioned to
me, long ago, about this odd color-- I can't remember the exact name
right now, but I'll find it tomorrow-- that looks really strange--
kind of a loud pink/orange color right out of the tube, but if you use
just a tiny amount, it's really good for skin tones, too.
Anyway, I use those pigments you mention pretty much all the time.

DS took nearly two weeks to send a package to me last time I recently
ordered from them, which I thought was odd-- not like we were in two
different countries-- so I ordered from somewhere else, some M. Graham
pigments, which are also very nice.

Diana