[alt-photo] Re: Post Factory Magazine complete

Christina Anderson zphoto at montana.net
Fri Dec 16 15:23:19 GMT 2011

9 issues for $42 is ridiculously cheap for what you get. I would order two copies (generic "I" as I already have 2 copies). One I keep at school, one at home.
They are filled with a wealth of information but more than that they are an historical account of those practicing alt. AND this list (thanks, Gord!!)
I assume once they are gone they are gone? Or is the daughter continuing to publish more?
I have always felt they should be scanned and bound in one volume, like what Jeremy was doing with Camera Work, but it might be too costly as the size is not an easy one to print, over 8.5x11 I think each way by 1/2 inch or something.
8.5x10.75 gives a huge savings because 4 can fit in a folio or some such thing at that size.
If the daughter had the files on hand still in Pagemaker or whatnot, it would not be too big of a task to put in InDesign and publish as a book.
One thing I notice about revising topics such as Exp and Alt (Exp being the bw darkroom) is that a lot of stuff in alt doesn't get dated :)
Thus the PF Journals will continue to be useful even if never revised one ounce.
The main thing in alt that has drastically changed, I have noticed in perusing the archives email by email, is digital negatives. Oh, and PVA size. Oh, and NA2 contrast agent. Hmm...now that I say that I'm sure others will come to mind, but surely diginegs. In the beginning there was a lot of talk about paper negs.
But I'm only on year 96!
Chris

Christina Z. Anderson
christinaZanderson.com