[alt-photo] Re: Steichen book on color

Christina Anderson zphoto at montana.net
Fri Dec 23 16:51:45 GMT 2011

> Ives' Hichro (imbibition) proc-
> esses,

Ahhh, interesting. There were a lot of "dye imbibition" prints in the book, whatever that refers to (I used to know--it was either dye transfer or carbro or some other thing, someone can chime in here) so I wonder how Hichro differs.

Also lots of autochromes.

I don't think there was a gum print, though, but again, I was just perusing it rapidly. This disappointed me. I remember that Steichen did lots of gum prints but he had a fire in his residence--was it a Paris apt. from memory? that burned them all. But this all off the top of my head.
Chris