[alt-photo] Re: list postings

Paul Viapiano viapiano at pacbell.net
Fri Dec 30 19:12:01 GMT 2011

Sharing is great, no doubt...and I've asked a million questions on this list
and other places regarding every process I've been interested in. Most
people I've asked have shared tremendously, others have answered partially
but in the spirit of teaching me to *do for myself*, and when I have done
that, I've learned so much, much more about my materials and their
characteristics that in the end I have much more control. Yes, it takes a
lot longer to figure it all out, but really when you think about it, even if
someone shares every single thing about the way they do something, you will
*never* be able to make a print like theirs.

And I believe this wholeheartedly and have learned this from my experience
as a professional musician. What guitars, amps, strings, pedals, picks, etc
do you use? How do you play this chord that chord...no one will sound like
you, not even close.