[alt-photo] Re: Question for Platinum/Palladium printers

KISS BOB bobkiss at caribsurf.com
Sat Dec 31 13:00:58 GMT 2011

DEAR MARK,
      As I mostly develop (COT 320) in Potassium Oxalate,
I start with a 1% oxalic acid first bath for 5 mins, then
two 5 min clearing baths made of EDTA and sodium sulfite,
followed by a last bath of working strength Kodak hypo
clearing agent. I checked with Dick Arentz and Eric
Neilsen and both said this procedure would do the job.
      If I keep the first Ox Ac bath fresh I get good
clearing.  The few times I have used it too long I have
had residual FO in the paper.  Next to the cost of a print
and the time to make it, Ox Ac is pretty cheap so I mix it
fresh for every printing session.
                 HOLIDAY CHEERS!
                     BOB