[alt-photo] Re: masa paper

Keith Gerling keith.gerling at gmail.com
Tue Feb 8 13:16:53 GMT 2011

For one coat, I've found the smooth side to be easier, but shiny and
lacking.  Can be downright ugly.   For multi-coats, the smooth side is far
easier, the rough side tends to abrade.  Masa is not some delicate rice
paper that needs special care.  Its tough.  The biggest problem I've found
with it is that it whips all over the place when it hangs on the line
drying.  For metal printing thats no big deal, but for gum a major PITA.

Ironic to see this post today.  I will start using masa today for the first
time in years.  I ran out of wood and its too cold and snowy to haul!