[alt-photo] Re: NICER NAME FOR INKJET?

Judy Seigel jseigel at panix.com
Sun Feb 13 01:11:57 GMT 2011

  I wrote a comment on this this afternoon, but my evil computer (which 
hates me) swallowed it.  However here's the gist:

"Archival Ink Jet Print" might work... "Ink Jet Print" by itself suggests 
something ordinary, maybe machinery, or even an airplane. The very worst 
possibility IMO (at least in English) is "Gicle" -- however you spell it. 
It sounds affected, "putting on airs" ... speaking FRENCH !!!. (The term 
we used to use as children was "Hoity Toity.")


More information about the Alt-photo-process-list mailing list