[alt-photo] Re: casein

Tomas Sobota tom at sobota.net
Fri Feb 25 18:34:16 GMT 2011

I tried casein briefly some two years ago. Didn't prepare the casein from
milk but rather bought in dry form. I still have a kg of the thing, they
wouldn't sell me less!

The process must be much faster than gum indeed, I used the same exposure
times as for gum and the prints came heavily overexposed. Also more
contrasted. I left it at that and didn't pursue the process further.

I would really appreciate if any of the casein users on the list cared to
explain what differences there are between a casein and a gum print once
finished.

Tom