[alt-photo] Re: VDB problem

francis schanberger frangst at gmail.com
Fri Jan 21 17:06:17 GMT 2011

John,

Did you let the solution ripen (sit for 24 -48 hours) after mixing?
Regarding the precipitate, I have noticed that if a lot forms during mixing
that most of it will go into solution after about a week.

I never have had to microwave. I usually mix the VDB in a 500mL bottle and
carefully transfer the solution, using a transfer (plastic) pipette, into
30mL dropper bottles after it has ripened.

Regarding the print symptoms, I have never encountered what you have
described. It sounds like the emulsion isn't sinking into the paper.

-francis

--
francis schanberger

www.francisschanberger.com