[alt-photo] Re: New gum pigment

Paul Viapiano viapiano at pacbell.net
Tue Jan 25 02:21:37 GMT 2011

Hi Judy...long time..!

I just wanted to clarify something I said yesterday...where I mentioned that
I do not preshrink or size and have no problems with registration (this
being Fabriano EW soft press).

Normally, I coat the paper, let it dry naturally for about 1/2 an hour (I'm
in the southwest US, low humidity) and expose. That never changes...until
yesterday. I coated the paper, life intervened, and I ended up slapping the
neg on about 4-5 hours later. The pinholes I use for registration did not
line up. Uh oh...so I turned the paper over and brushed some water from a
foam brush over the image area, just enough to get it damp, waited until the
shine wore off, maybe 10 minutes or under, flipped it over and registered
perfectly.

Cool...!