[alt-photo] Re: E-6, is it alt yet?

EJ Photo ejnphoto at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jan 31 23:55:15 GMT 2011

Just dropped off 12 sheets today. 4x5 of flat art work coping. BWC in Dallas
charges 2.75 a sheet. My conversation with the front counter help suggest
that film processing is down about 85 to 95% so, there will be fewer and
fewer labs doing it.

I also got back my roll of Kodachrome 16MM movie film. It was old and
outdated and show substantial developing issues. Could certainly have been
caused by age but I have my doubts.  Now it's just a B&W camera. I was
hoping for a few useable frames to scan.

I had a friend recently close his lab in the NYC area. It had been in
business for many years. Too much overhead and not enough throughput. Cost
of being a big lab but not quite big enough.

Eric Neilsen
Eric Neilsen Photography
4101 Commerce Street, Suite 9
Dallas, TX 75226