[alt-photo] Re: new website and show

Alan MacKellar amackellar at qx.net
Mon Jun 13 01:28:46 GMT 2011

 I'm somewhat confused about the issue.  I have given up making wet
negatives because of my back and the fact that a modern digital camera can
make good digital negatives.  But I do print digital negatives on Pictorico
(either by QTR or PDN), and then go to the darkroom for the rest of the
process.  Those are my "real" unreproducable (because of my paper and brush
strokes, humidity, etc.) prints that I show in galleries.  If I want to put
them on the web I use a copystand to get digital prints (I compare the real
print to what shows up on the screen, then (gulp) might do minor curve
alteration to the digital print to make it look as much like the "real"
print as possible.)  Since the prints are bigger than my scanner, I can't
use that reproductive method.

How close am I coming to being correct?  If you want to see my "real" print,
you need to pay your way here.

Alan (if this message doesn't get printed, could someone at the office let
me know how to get the alt-list procedure right)?