[alt-photo] Re: new website and show

EJ Photo ejnphoto at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jun 23 14:05:04 GMT 2011

The process of pt/pd printing and what you learned, will be different than
what you learned about web sites, different than what you know about copy
work.

Your images have a nice feel to them. The images on the screen of my
computer are digital files, not prints.

Copy work is a separate discipline within the photographic spectrum.

So, what did I expect to see on your site after reading, "After 3 years
learning PT/Pd this is what I have to show."? I expected to see something
more than three paragraphs about PT/PD printing. Either prints or digital
files because the web is set up to be either, but a simple explanation of
what we are seeing would be nice. It comes down to marketing and how you
best think you want to show yourself.

There will be some that really want to see the print being represented but
if you have limited color management skills even the best CM system on the
other side (the viewer) will not really know what your print looks like.
It's the web. The real print as mentioned before is the ultimate expression,
and we all know that unless we are standing in front of it, it is just a
visual clue as to what we might be seeing. These don't have much if any
warmth to them. Have you gone out to friends computer set ups and seen how
they look? Check them out in Google Chrome, IE, Firefox, etc.   and tweaked
to the happy medium of best all around color?

Do you print clean edges or show brush strokes? Are they matted and framed
in? Do those matter? What kind of paper? does it have texture and if so what
kind(s)? Is there just ONE pt/pd process? there is historical reference to
the process tree, what do you do to make it your own?

Yes, indeed there are many sources on the web about platinum and palladium
printing. This was your statement about it and how you fit in. Presentation
was clean and brief, too brief to me.

Eric Neilsen
Eric Neilsen Photography
4101 Commerce Street, Suite 9