[alt-photo] Re: gutenprint drivers for digital negatives

dhbloomfield dhbloomfield at bellsouth.net
Sat Jun 25 15:18:14 GMT 2011

Hi Dan,

Thanks for the information, and for that great analogy. ;)  My printer had a
clogged magenta, which the repair people easily fixed.  The major issue with my
3800 was that one of the blacks was completely clogged, which they couldn't fix
at all-- without a replacement head.  I decided to let them do that, since the
replacement head takes care of everything (my understanding), not just that
clogged black.  Still, they've been working on that for 3 days now-- first
receiving a "DOA" replacement head from Epson, which doesn't inspire a lot of
faith, and then putting in a fast order for another.  Since installing the
latest one-- and checking it over-- has taken a surprising amount of time, I'm
guessing it may be totally unfixable.  I look forward to using my 3880, though,
which I'm finally setting up today.

Diana