[alt-photo] Katharine Thayer

douglas collins dougcollins99 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 10 13:51:37 GMT 2011

It's 4 AM.  Saturn is in Virgo but it's behind a ridge and I can't see it
unless I climb the ridge in the dark.  With mountain lions about, this isn't
going to happen.  I return to the cabin, and suddenly see the email about
Katharine Thayer.  I was reading her generous comments about Cordier's work
just a few weeks ago; like most of us, I had no idea.  When I taught my gum
course, she was a beacon, her writings, her examples, her very deep and
inspiring love for the medium.  A special person is lost.

Douglas Collins
upper Carmel Valley
California