[alt-photo] Re: Is this mailing list still active?

Don Bryant donsbryant at gmail.com
Fri Mar 25 01:49:28 GMT 2011

Hello, my name is Kurt Nagy

This post is just an introduction and to see if there are still people out
there.

Greetings Kurt and Welcome to the "List"!

The List has been Listless for quite a while now with a few bursts of
posting now and then. Many of the List gum printers lurk in the shadows and
don't post frequently. Perhaps your questions and comments about gum
printing will invigorate discussions about gum printing.

First, if possible try not printing with dense negatives. Long exposure
times can cause problems with gum. I assume you are experiencing anemic
looking prints. Using a saturated solution of potassium bichromate will work
fine though ammonium bichromate is more light sensitive.

Tri-color gum with film separations eh? Your are an ambitious man! Of course
you will need to use a panchromatic film. Steve Anchell the former editor of
Photovision magazine, wrote an article published sometime in the mid 80s or
90s describing his method of printing tri-color gum using TMAX 100 film.
Perhaps one of our list members can tell what the publication date was and
what magazine the article was printed in.

Good luck,

Don Bryant