[alt-photo] Gum printing: removing the dichromate altogether?

Jacek Gonsalves jacek at jagnight.com
Fri Mar 25 06:33:44 GMT 2011

Hi all,

A question, in Gum dichromate, and exposing with UV light and then
washing it, does this remove the dichromate out from the material
altogether?
I know with potassium metabisulphite it removes the yellow stain, not
sure if it actually removes the dichromate?

An idea was to try using an glass enamel paint, and print on copper.
Once its done put it in the kiln. Though with the dichromate still
lingering on the piece, and adding heat to it through the kiln, the
dichromate fumes is what scares me, I wouldn't want to be anywhere
near! :)

Thanks
Jacek