[alt-photo] Re: Is this mailing list still active?

Kurt Nagy kakarott76 at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 25 21:53:04 GMT 2011

I'll definitely keep coming back for info and to show results now that I know the list is active.

I have the Book of Alternative Photographic Processes by Christopher James.  In it he gives several different ways to size
paper, one of which is a Gesso/Geletin combination that he says another printer always had great luck with.  Since both
are readily available locally and cheap,  I decided to try it.  I haven't sized any other way so I can't compare but as far as
I can tell it works.

I recall seeing on the archives someone else also used a gesso/geletin combination but I forget who it was.  I can't seem
to find it again (very hard when I've read from 2005 all the way to 2000 plus some back in 1996! lol)  but thats were I got
my numbers of 30-40ml gesso to 250 ml (3.5%) geletin.  Chris James just mentions a dollop of gesso to 3.5% geletin.  I much rather
prefer hard numbers than "a pinch of this, pinch of that" :)