[alt-photo] Re: Is this mailing list still active?

Keith Gerling keith.gerling at gmail.com
Fri Mar 25 14:50:37 GMT 2011

Hi Kurt and welcome.

As a longtime gumprinter, I have used only computer generated negatives for
the last 5 years, and before that, conventionally enlarged lith negatives.
I've only made one gum from an in-camera negative.  I read your initial post
her with interest, because I have been toying with the notion of doing the
same thing: making three exposures with a large format pinhole and
"combining" them in gum.  So I hope you will follow up and share your
results with us.

I am curious about why you include the gesso.  I've never used Berger paper
for gum, so I have no perspective here, but it seems that would serve to
introduce inconsistencies.  My experience with gesso is that it always seems
to reduce the scale, and with gum, that is certainly NOT something one
usually looks for.

Good luck

Keith