[alt-photo] Re: Alternative sensitiser

Christina Anderson zphoto at montana.net
Sat Mar 26 15:31:40 GMT 2011

In the "olden days" they used to do that, to "let it ripen." But this is with gum, and only several days if I remember my research. Kwik Print was a lot more liquidy, very akin to casein-like liquidy. I was very surprised to find out a) it was dichromated and b) it was a polymer.

But this is the other thing: Selectacolor, a similar product to Kwik Print, is a soft gelatin/synthetic colloid mix (proprietary) of 9% with dichromate added (0.2% by weight) as well as ammonium hydroxide (2%). I wonder if (and I am not a chemist so someone can chime in) the amount of ammonia kept it less sensitive until coating, upon which it evaporated.

Chris

Christina Z. Anderson
christinaZanderson.com