[alt-photo] Re: Is this mailing list still active?

Kurt Nagy kakarott76 at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 27 23:38:20 GMT 2011

Sorry, didn't see this Gordon.  Kinda hard to keep track of the responses when they come in quickly.  Is there a way to
respond without keeping the original email and/or creating a new "thread"?

Yes, my ultimate goal for producing images will be tri-color seperations via pinhole using black and white negatives.  I have good luck
with Ilford products and all my 4x5 images are shot using either Delta 100 or HP5 400.

I initally decided to do gum because when I shoot color film I can develop it at home but I don't know how to make a C-print.  Wanting to stay away from printing my negatives digitally I found an article explaining how to make color images using black and white + photoshop, little bit more digging revealed the 19th century color photos by Sergei Mikhailovich Prokudin-Gorskii.  He didn't actually make prints but projected them together to form color but it got me interested.  I wanted to do dye transfer but that is
all but impossible to find info and materials on, so gum bichromate it is :)

I already have my set of Lee color seperation filters, according to their materials they have a filter factor of 1-1 1/2.  I just haven't had a chance to run any tests.

Do you have any of your images posted online to see?  I'd love to see your results