[alt-photo] Re: casein

Christina Anderson zphoto at montana.net
Mon May 2 00:06:44 GMT 2011

Marek,
I am using 10% ammonium caseinate.
I too am very entranced by the quick development, minutes with brush or roller, only 1/2 hour otherwise. So with quick exposure and quick development, it is really fast.
Even if you scrape the heck out of it, the grain is very fine, impressionistic, not flaky like gum. And the layer is very thin.
I am using 10% pot di 1:1 and 3 minute exposures, thus my coating of casein is only 5% casein and 5% pot di, or about .15g pot di per 8x10 layer, given about 3ml coating.
No smell at all, except a slight foetidity when developing, like wet dog.
Chris

Christina Z. Anderson
christinaZanderson.com