[alt-photo] Re: UV Point Light Source

Tomas Sobota tom at sobota.net
Mon May 23 08:10:34 GMT 2011

Alberto,

After switching the lamp on, you have to wait a couple of minutes before
using it. After this time (more or less) you see the light change color from
the usual yellow to a greenish hue. That is the visual signal that the lamp
has started emitting UV. This change is quite fast and you notice it easily.

The lamp gets hot, but not extremely since a great part of the 300W
dissipate as non-caloric UV. More than UV tubes, to be sure. But with a
separation of 50cm or so from the print, the heat does not reach it
noticeably. Not even in summer, from my experience.

When you finish the exposure, you have to wait until the lamp cools down
before turning it on again.

Tom