[alt-photo] Re : Re: UV Point Light Source

ding dangdong dingedangedonge at yahoo.fr
Mon May 23 15:42:34 GMT 2011

I have been using this setup for a little more than four years now.  My print
sizes start from 28x40cm up to whole sheets of Fabriano and i have always
suffered from light falloff especially observable with cyanotype during
exposure. Quite a pain because im not at all good at techy calculations and
stuff so had to resort to a lot of trial and error in solving this little
annoyance. Right now, i have suspended two bulbs with 55cm distance from frame
and had it enclosed in a DIY folding box of gaffered sheets of insulating
material (foamcore with aluminum foil on one side much like those folding
sunscreens for your dashboard). i also have my frame sit on a 'carousel' or sort
of a lazy Susan, a box with wheels that allows me to rotate the frame under the
lights to balance the exposure. Kind of dodging and burning from old darkroom
days. A messy lot of 'systeme D' like they call it here in France that leaves a
lot of room for improvement but so far its working. My base times for cyanotypes
are in the 30mins and gums at 5 mins.
Anybody out there with better suggestion than my rotating frame?

I apologize for mistakes in my english, not my native tongue. So is French even
if i live here in Paris.
Ding