[alt-photo] Re: back again

sam wang samwang864 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 2 15:48:42 GMT 2011

Franklin Enos, who taught me casein, was exposing for as short as 17 seconds under his big UV bulb. His test exposures varied by one or 2 seconds! So I agree, it's probably not the process to use without precise control of exposure.

One can always change the distance of light source, of course. But Franklin liked it short. He would finish a print in minutes, alternatively soaking it in ammoniated water and blasting it with water. Now we know not to do that, but he got some amazing black and white prints with nearly full tonality.

Sam Wang