[alt-photo] Re: gum speckling

Diana Bloomfield dhbloomfield at bellsouth.net
Fri Nov 18 17:13:12 GMT 2011

What does the speckling look like, Matt?  Whenever I've had any kind
of speckling, it's typically from using too much pigment-- but maybe
what I'm envisioning as "speckling," is not the same as what you're
seeing.  Is the pigment flaking off, or is it just not being picked up
by the paper?   From what I understand, excess heat can sometimes
cause a kind of speckling.  I always let my prints dry in the dark,
using no added heat-- just room temperature drying-- but if you're
using a hair dryer-- could be too much heat?  Can you show us one of
the speckled images?  That might help.