[alt-photo] Re: back to the flaking/speckling question

Diana Bloomfield dhbloomfield at bellsouth.net
Mon Nov 21 22:24:02 GMT 2011

I agree with Don here about the PVA.  I tried gluteraldahyde, but just
didn't like working with it (and always felt like I needed to be
outside to do it).  I did get yellowing with that, but probably-- as
you say-- used too much, or it was too concentrated.  The glyoxol
always gave me inconsistent results.

I think the Gamblin PVA is amazing.  I just pour a very thin amount
(no dilution, but very thin, very small amount) and brush it on.  I
just let it dry naturally, and where I am-- it's very quick drying.
There's no way I'd ever go back to gelatin and glyoxal or
gluteraldahyde.  I shudder to even think about it.

My 2 cents.

Diana