[alt-photo] Re: back to the flaking/speckling question

Don Bryant donsbryant at gmail.com
Mon Nov 21 22:12:31 GMT 2011

3) Dump that glyoxol.  It is a huge PITA.  The 4th in my list of Great
Discoveries in Gum is when Christina Z. Anderson popularized Gluteraldahyde
as a gelatin hardener

+1 on that! Glyoxal can be very iffy. Though, cross my fingers, I've never
had it yellow, except when it concentrates in droplets of gelatin on the
corner of a sheet of paper when it dries. Glut can cause yellowing, but only
when it is used in very concentrated amounts.

I think Chris has a write up somewhere on the Alt Process website (or her
website) so look for her drill down there.

For beginning gummists or gum over whatever, Gamblin PVA 1:1 rolled on with
a micro-foam roller and quick dried with a hair dryer is a good method as
well. In fact if you use that method and it works well for you stick with
it.

Don Bryant