[alt-photo] Re: QTR

John Brewer john at johnbrewerphotography.com
Sat Oct 1 11:50:49 GMT 2011

Hello everyone

I'll put up some screen shots and images on my website to show my workflow
and the issues I have. I'm using an Epson R1900 which puts down plenty of
ink onto Agfa Copyjet film.

One problem I'm having is using QTR to get a relatively smooth step table
quickly and economically. This is costing a fortune in ink and film, about
30 A5 sheets to get in the ball park! Maybe I'm overdoing the accuracy of
the QTR curve as the .acv curve seems to be slight. At the moment I'm
working with VDB then hope to go onto cyanotype and then gum.

Clay, I'm using your tutorial with Ike's script. I'm reluctant to buy Ron's
book as I bought the old edition only to find the new edition appear two
weeks later.....

Thanks guys

John.