[alt-photo] Re: QTR

Tomas Sobota tom at sobota.net
Sat Oct 1 15:01:35 GMT 2011

John, as for gum, it is a different technique from most of the other
processes because usually you will be applying several coats. So, the need
to get a perfectly matched negative for the process is not so important
since you can always correct density/contrast/color/whatever with the next
coat.

This is not to say that I don't adjust my negs, I usually use PDN for this.
It makes life easier but the difference is not as clear-cut as with other
processes and you can get quite decent gumprints without adjusting at all.

Tom