[alt-photo] Re: halo chrome

Christina Anderson zphoto at montana.net
Thu Oct 6 18:47:10 GMT 2011

Anne,

Thanks for the praise, but there are far more worthy people on this list than I, lurking...

I forgot one mention (I think) and that is that Pierre Cordier talks about "photolysis" and I don't know how this relates, differs from Mie effect and if both are operative or only one, but another avenue to follow. Chemists on the list can probably answer this question of whether photolysis has anything to do with halochrome, but since photolysis is in the presence of light and silvering doesn't have to happen in the presence of light (put a blank piece of paper in the dark into the chromo bath 1 and it'll silver out with no light exposure) it may not be the right tree to bark up. But always good to exhaust all possibilities.
Chris

Christina Z. Anderson
christinaZanderson.com