[alt-photo] Re: Alt-photo-process-list Digest, Vol 503, Issue 1

Alberto Novo alt.list at albertonovo.it
Fri Oct 7 07:10:07 GMT 2011

Eric,

> I'll definitely skip the rinse after development then.
> I surmised that since the acid bath becomes so 'polluted' after running a
> few prints through it without rinsing, that a rinse would extend the life of
> the acid bath and thereby clearing would proceed more easily.  I did wonder
> if the carry over was an important component of the process.
> I'd rather have to replace the citric bath more frequently than have to
> acidify the wash esp. since I tend to have multiple prints going through the
> process at any given time.

I don'print platinum but I have printed kallitypes. Chemically speaking,
they are the same process. My practice was to clear in two 3% citric acid
baths, throwing part of the first and replenishing with the second. Citric
acid is almost inexpensive, and this helps to have an ever fresh second
bath.

Alberto
www.grupponamias.com
www.alternativephotography.com/wp/photographers/rodolfo-namias-group