[alt-photo] National Juried Exhibition Looking for Work

James Hajicek james at alchemy-studio.net
Tue Oct 18 21:33:16 GMT 2011

Greetings to all:

I would like all of you to know about a new facility in Gilbert, Arizona
devoted to keeping what I consider to be the sacred roots of photography
(aka alt processes) alive and well. Art Intersection has over 2,000 square
feet of gallery space in addition to studio space for workshops, a digital
lab, a gelatin silver darkroom, a film processing room, and an alt process
area.

They are asking for work to be submitted for a national juried exhibition
that will have a great juror, and an opportunity for a few selected artists
who are juried into the show to exhibit a larger body of work at a later
date. This is an opportunity to have your work seen by the Curator at the
Center for Creative Photography in Tucson, Arizona. Check out the attached
pdf file and if that doesn't work - you can go to their web site at:
www.artintersection.com and find the prospectus for the show entitled: Light
Sensitive. The only requirement is that the final prints need to be analog
in whatever form as long as they are not digitally printed. Digital capture
(I hate that word) and digital negatives as part of the process of making a
final print are both acceptable for this exhibition.

I am the Photography Consultant for Art Intersection and my wife, Carol
Panaro-Smith is the Program Director. As I mentioned, they have just opened
and we just recently gave a talk at APIS in Santa Fe announcing this new
facility. It has a goal of supporting people working with alternative
processes and hopes to become an important resource center for such activity
on a national scale. They are looking to find good work to be exhibited, are
interested in having great workshops and it is an organization worthy of
your support. I hope you find this information useful and you choose to take
advantage of this opportunity to show your work.

Best,
James Hajicek
Professor Emeritus
Herberger Institute of Design and the Arts
Arizona State University
Photography Consultant
Art Intersection