[alt-photo] Re: back again

Christina Anderson zphoto at montana.net
Mon Oct 24 14:04:37 GMT 2011

Ya, agree Loris. When I first started casein I thought the exposures were similar to gum, one colloid to another. Not at all. 2 stops faster.

It is hard to communicate by email, but IF there is "no image" meaning you have got a coating of pigment/casein hardened on the paper and no image appears in it, that is overexposure and wrong curve. If the whole coating of pigment/casein washes off so it is paper white, that is underexposure. That happens readily with cyanotype. I never had casein EVER slough off. But that also could have to do with my pigment choices maybe hardening the casein or some other. UVBL unit.

I even considered going down to 30 seconds exposure.

I promise I'll get more scientific about this when I finish writing and go back in the dimroom but right now it isn't going to happen, so this is all from memory and others should chime in.
Chris

Christina Z. Anderson
christinaZanderson.com