[alt-photo] Re: back again

Loris Medici mail at loris.medici.name
Mon Oct 24 13:54:41 GMT 2011

Matti,

With my old lightsource cyanotype exposures with (thin) paper negs were
around 60 mins. too. Therefore, I assume our conditions (combination of
lightsource, paper, emulsion...) are similar. With the same lightsource,
using paper negs and 10-15% (amm.) dichromate, my gum exposures were around
6 mins. (average), I never tried casein with paper negs but IME, at the same
conditions, casein was at least 1 - 1.5 stops faster than gum. So, I'm with
Christina here; 40 minutes sounds a little too much. ???

As a note: My casein layers were considerably thinner than my gum layers
FWIW...