[alt-photo] Re: Tilt Gallery exhibit

Diana Bloomfield dhbloomfield at bellsouth.net
Fri Sep 2 12:35:22 GMT 2011

Thanks again, Francesco.  I did visit out there a couple of years
ago.  I really enjoyed getting the chance to meet Melanie, Michelle,
and Sabine and seeing the gallery.  I do think they do a terrific
job.  I  happened to be out West anyway that year, and so we rented a
car and drove all around.  I managed to make it for the opening of
their juried show that year.  I had never been to Arizona before and
was so impressed with the landscape, which is so vastly different from
where I live.  I thought it was really spectacular-- and just so
foreign to anything I'd ever seen before-- (and, yes, so so hot!).
But I loved photographing out there.  Some parts of the landscape
seemed almost other-worldly to me-- amazing, really.  Living on the
East Coast, where everything seems so crowded and jam-packed-- we (I)
forget how much land and sky and horizon is really out there.  I can
see why you'd find it inspirational.

But, yes, I'll let you know if I get out there.  Hopefully, that will
be soon.

Diana