[alt-photo] Re: Best Method for Bonding Paper to Aluminum and Similar Rigid Surfaces

Francesco Fragomeni fdfragomeni at gmail.com
Fri Sep 2 20:08:05 GMT 2011

Jalo,

So your prints are permanently bonded to the aluminum? I spoke with a
gallerist who prepared some Irving Penn prints from the Workers series for a
big purchase or auction last year and he said that they were still on the
aluminum. From what I understand, Penn used a few bonding techniques
eventually settling on using a drymount press. Apparently many of his
legendary images are permanently on aluminum backing.
-Francesco