[alt-photo] Wiley Sanderson

sam wang samwang864 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 20:11:46 GMT 2011

I have just received the news that Wiley Sanderson passed away on July 30.

Mr. Sanderson, often referred to as "Dr. Pinhole", was one of the pioneers in treating pinhole photography and historical processes seriously on college campuses. I remember marveling at pinhole images and brown print images done by his students from as far back as 1969. He started the photo program at the University of Georgia and taught photography to generations of art and education majors. There will be a memorial service at 11AM on October 7 at Beech Haven Baptist Church at 2390 West Broad Street in Athens, GA.

Just received the notice this afternoon.

Sam Wang