[alt-photo] 3800 VERTICAL BANDING DIGI NEGS FOR ALT

BOB KISS bobkiss at caribsurf.com
Sat Sep 10 14:53:32 GMT 2011

DEAR LIST,

            As this applies to my Epson 3800 which I use to make enlarged
diginegs for alt printing, I hope you will agree that it is on topic.

            I have recently begun experiencing subtle vertical banding in my
negs.  I know it is from the printer (not the original negs, scans, or
files) because, though they are most obvious in any smooth midtone areas of
an image, they exist also in the D-max non-image area that is put around the
image area on the digineg to create a white area surrounding the image on
the print.  They run the whole length of the image and appear to be nearly
(or exactly) the same in the last 3 negs I have tried.

            I already tried cleaning the heads and get a perfect test
printout but the banding remains.  Might this be an alignment problem?
Should I try re-aligning the heads in the Epson Utilities program?

            Has anyone else had this problem and do you know of a fix?

                        CHEERS!

                                    BOB

 Please check my website:  <http://www.bobkiss.com/> http://www.bobkiss.com/

"Live as if you are going to die tomorrow.  Learn as if you are going to
live forever".  Mahatma Gandhi