[alt-photo] pinhole question

francis schanberger frangst at gmail.com
Wed Sep 28 23:23:23 GMT 2011

Dear Alt List,

I recently bought a Holga 120WPC, their wide pinhole camera, which is
exhibiting some vignetting only on one side when I photograph with the
camera set up for 6cm x 12 cm frames. Has anyone else experienced this with
this camera? I took out a retaining washer which kept the pinhole in place
and filed it a bit larger but I may have aggravated the effect. I won't know
until I examine the negatives tomorrow (they are drying at school, about a
mile away).

Has anyone here used any of the Holga pinhole cameras? Would the travel of
the shutter cause the vignetting with such an extreme angle of view? I have
seen images with this camera on flickr that exhibit no vignetting but this
may be due to cropping.

--
francis schanberger

www.francisschanberger.com